Established RagaMuffin Cat Breeders may also join The RagaMuffin Kitten Breeders Society, by completing the Membership Application and the Established Breeder Questionnaire. Established Breeders are RagaMuffin cat breeders that either belong to RAG as established RagaMuffin breeders or belong to the UKRMCS as established RagaMuffin breeders.
Print and complete:
1. TRKBS Membership Application
2. TRKBS Apprentice Breeder Questionnaire
3. TRKBS Code of Ethics
If an applicant has already acquired RagaMuffin breeding cats prior to applying to the TRKBS Apprentice Breeder Program, they must also furnish copies of the following documentation. (Applicants that are approved prior to acquiring RagaMuffin breeding cats must furnish this information as they acquire it.)
1. Registrations for all RagaMuffin breeding cats in at least one of the following registries: CFA, ACFA, or GCCF.
2. DNA tests for HCM-Ragdoll on all RagaMuffin breeding cats. If both the sire and dam, (or their predecessors) of a RagaMuffin breeding cat were tested for HCM-Ragdoll, those tests may be submitted instead of a new test on the RagaMuffin breeding cat in question.
3. Proof that the cattery is FELV/ FIV free. (i.e. copies of test results, signed letter from veterinarian, etc.)
4. Form of Sales Contract/Adoption Agreement (if the AB has sold or is currently selling RagaMuffin kittens)
Once the Board of Directors has received all documents, it will conduct a review and vote accordingly. If approved, the AB will be assigned a TRKBS mentor to work with during the apprentice period.
TRKBS Apprentice Breeder Requirements
Apprentice Breeders must meet all of the following criteria before being granted Full Breeder Status:
1. Two (2) years as an apprentice working with an approved mentor. (If applicant also belongs to another organization, the AB may apply their time served as an apprentice from the other group toward their TRKBS apprenticeship. However, a minimum of six (6) months must be served under an approved TRKBS mentor.)
2. Raise a minimum of three (3) litters of RagaMuffin kittens.
4. Pass a written test.